YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 143: Cleaning, scheduling and staying organized

I'm one of those people who has the exact same "cleaning day" set aside, each and every week.  I can't help it.  In some ways, I even get a little bit excited about it!  After all, I am a neat freak, and I just LOVE the look, smell and feel of a clean house! 
Some people, however, love to use lists and check off cleaning and organizing items throughout the week.  For instance, Monday may be the day you clean out the refrigerator.  Tuesdays may be laundry day.  And Saturdays may be set aside for disinfecting the bathrooms. 
See, I just can't bring myself to work this way.  If I do little bits and pieces, scattered through the week, I feel like things are left undone... and are never truly clean.  I know it can be quite a chore and quite a challenge, but I like EVERYTHING clean at ONE TIME! (I guess I have a little OCD mixed in with my neat freakishness!)
What about you?  Do you prefer to work on a little at a time... or do you, also, attack the whole shebang?  (Somebody tell me I'm not alone!  Ha-ha!)


Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!