YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 61: Removable chalkboards!



I don't know why I did not think of this before.... after all, I AM a neat freak, and I LOVE being organized.... (This includes enjoying some predictability in life. Hence, a schedule of all the important events happening in our family right now (AKA: baby feeding times and nap times, mostly!).)

At any rate, I feel kind of dumb for not writing about this before. So forgive me. I may have kept y'all from a WONDERFUL, HELPFUL and ADORABLE neat freak tool: flat, vinyl, removable chalkboards (and dry erase boards)!

For those of you who need to write down schedules, messages to other family members, notes to babysitters and all those important numbers (less we forget, since we typically depend on our cell phones to "remember" all that stuff nowadays),
THIS is the tool for you!

I absolutely LOVE my "chalkboard" in our kitchen, the hub of the home. It's the perfect place to display our family's "need-to-knows." And this product (from Uppercase Living) works just like a regular old chalkboard: Write on it with chalk. Wipe it off with an eraser or cloth. Write some more! And because it's completely flat and sticks to the wall, you don't have to worry about adding more nails to your sheetrock or possibly knocking it down when you walk by. So it's ideal to put in those smaller nooks and crannies where things just won't fir right!

Mine happens to be right by the pantry, above some of the main light switches and the alarm keypad. It's a perfect place! You can't see it from anywhere else in the house, so it's not distracting. Of course, you could also put these on the refrigerator, a window, a mirror, a door or just about any other smooth surface in your home! There are lots of options, too. You don't have to go with the "traditional" look, like the "home organization kit" I have displayed. Just try these on for size (hearts and flowers and peace signs, oh my!):



AND.... if you just don't like chalk (or you want to add a little more color and variety), you can choose the same shapes, sizes and designs in DRY ERASE BOARD! LOVE it!

Want some for yourself -- or as a gift for the neat freak who has it all? Click HERE for more details, or just e-mail or message me for details!


Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!