I am not a fan of folding sheets... especially the dreaded fitted sheet. Why in the world does that darn thing have to be so difficult to fold!?!? I mean, it comes folded, in a nice, neat package. But that's the FIRST and the LAST time I ever see a fitted sheet look so neat! And, believe me, I have tried just about every fitted-sheet-folding method and tutorial out there. Nothing is fool proof. However, I have learned a few things along the way.... So, feel free to follow along for a few tips... and perhaps a little surprise! (**Neat freak cheat sheet ALERT!**)
1. Put your clean sheets on your bed. (No sense spreading them all over the floor and getting them dirty again, right?!?!)
2. After folding the flat sheet (no tutorial here, folks.... just grab corners, fold, fold, fold, fold.... and you're done!), spread out your fitted sheet and pull the fitted corners tight.
3. Bring the corners together on both ends by folding the sheet in half. Keep those corners tight, and match them up as best as you can!
4. Now, fold the sheet in thirds.
It should look somewhat like this:
5. Fold in half, longways.
6. And fold in thirds again!
7. That's about all for that darn fitted sheet. Oh, but we aren't quite through.... here's a little neat freak cheat sheet tip: Stack your fitted sheet, flat sheet and ONE pillow case in a nice, neat pile.
8. Slip the entire pile into the SECOND pillow case.
9. Fold the pillow case tightly and neatly around the sheet pile.
10. Fold again until you get a VERY neat sheet package!
And... now you're ready to put your clean, folded sheets (hidden snuggly inside your pillow case) on a shelf or in a drawer!
Now, THAT's neat!