YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 147: Dirty Fans

Dirty fans creep me out - a lot.  I just don't get it!  In our household, the ceiling fans are on almost all the time... so, how is it that they get SO filthy?  What about that quote: a rolling stone gathers no moss?  Shouldn't that concept transfer to the fan?  You know, a circulating blade gathers no dust?  But, alas.  Instead, our fans always look like THIS!  Ewwwwwww!

My husband is usually the one who gets so grossed out y this that he tackles the cleaning task - with paper towels and Pledge.  The blades always look shiny and new, but then there's chunks of dust bunnies all over the couch or bed or floor (or on all of the above).

SO... here's a new plan: pillow cases.  That's right!  PILLOW CASES!  Put this one in your neat freak cheat sheet!  If you use a pillow case to clean your fan blades, those nasty, dirty bits will end up IN the case, and you can simply toss them in the washing machine afterward.
 



Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!