YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 40: And Speaking of Plastic Containers....

Neat freak cheat sheet alert!!!!

Here's a little tip I learned for keeping your nice plastic food containers from getting stained (ah, tomato sauce....):

Spray a little non-stick cooking spray inside and on the lid each time BEFORE you put the food in the container!

(OR... use glass or ceramic containers for ALL your tomato-based foods...)


And if you have some containers that are already stained, you have 4 options:
  1. Throw them away and buy some new ones.
  2. Get used to the new color.
  3. Fill the container with hot water and drop in a couple of denture tablets. Leave it for a few hours, and when you come back, the stains will hopefully be removed.
  4. Try soaking the container in 1 part bleach to 2 parts of water. (Just be sure to thoroughly rinse the containers afterward and run it through in the microwave before using again!)


Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!