YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 59: Do You Clean Your Washing Machine?

Maybe it's just me, and/or maybe I am a little paranoid, but when I peered into our washing machine today after a quick load of laundry, I thought to myself, "Ewwww.... do clothes really get clean in THAT?!?!"

Here's what I saw:


Now, I typically run the washing machine empty every so often with the hottest water and the largest load size with a little bleach and/or lemon juice so it has a chance to get clean and fresh. But I am not so sure that my little ritual would have gotten rid of this gunk. So, I got out the SonicScrubber to put it to the test -- yet again!


After messing around with which head to use and which worked best on the task at hand, I ended up with a MUCH cleaner place for CLEANING clothes:


Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a little bleach and some lemon juice waiting for their turn in the washing machine.... :)

By the way, if you have stubborn stains on the inside of your machine, there are cleaning products (designed for washing machines) that are available at most hardware and home improvement stores. Oh... and here's a little neat freak cheat sheet tip: to keep from having to clean your washing machine too frequently, leave the door to the machine open, if possible, after washing a load of laundry. This will allow the machine to dry out in between loads and prevent mildew!


Now, THAT's neat!

1 comment:

  1. you are such a smart cookie! I have to get me one of those for sure now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your neat comment!