YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 91: Do You Roll?


I have several lint rollers. Big ones. "Mini" ones. One in the bathroom. One in my car. And I LOVE them all! They are so handy - a total "must have" for neat freaks! And you can use them on more than just that unsightly lint!

Here are a few more uses:
  • craft bits, or "sniglets" as a friend of mine calls them... Ever have those random paper pieces, ribbon snips or fabric threads all over the place after some crafting? Well, a lint roller is a perfect solution for getting those up and out of the way!
  • stray hairs... Just roll the back of your shirt, sweater or jacket and remove those "strays" that fall out or fly away after brushing or styling your hair! This is also a perfect tool for picking up those little ends after a bang trim... or after a gray hair annihilation!
  • pet fur... I roll the couch and chairs, regularly, to remove Rowdy's fur clumps.
  • dust bunnies... Hey, if you can't grab the vacuum, roll away those dust bunnies with a lint roller! It's a quick fix. Not a permanent solution!
  • lampshades... Oh, yes, these decorative beauties LOVE dust and grime. So, roll over them with a lint roller to bring them back to their old glory! With that in mind, try one out on a curtain or a table cloth! I use mine on the table runner in our dining room when I don't feel like removing the heavy vase and candle holders to give it a good shake outside!
  • crumbs... Again, this is a quick fix, but a lint roller can be a handy tool for crumb removal! I've used it on counter tops, highchairs and car seats MANY times! I also have used it on baking spills, to roll away some of the flour, sugar or baking mix splatter before attacking with a antibacterial wipe!

What do YOU use a lint roller on?


Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!