YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 80: My CUPS Runneth Over

Plastic cups.

They migrate... frequently.
They multiply... often.
And they will randomly launch themselves at unsuspecting beverage seekers from their precarious positions in the kitchen cabinets!

If your plastic cups are taking up way too much real estate all over your kitchen (perhaps even invading the pantry!?!?), you might want to herd them up and give them a new home. Together. Where they will cause much less damage and frustration!

Although these cups aren't pretty (I mean, face it, we've collected these cheapies and freebies from decades of yard sales, birthday parties, concerts and ball games), they do deserve some attention. So summon your organizing prowess, and clear a cabinet just for the cups. Swallow your pride, and just stack 'em up by size.


Now, I've let some coffee mugs take up residence here, along with a few water bottles, but this cabinet is probably 83% plastic cups. Every once in a while, they'll start to form a rebellion and try to wobble and lean their way off the edge of the shelf in order to hit someone in the head or bounce all over the floor. But, most days, the cups stay pretty neat and organized. I haven't found a stray in the dog food for a while. And the cup count has remained pretty steady.


Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!