YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 84: DE-Clutter the Pen Cup



OH, it's a simple task, all right... but it's one that we don't always make time for. So set aside about 2-5 minutes and go through the cup, basket and/or drawer that holds your writing utensils... and clean it up!

Step 1: Take everything out. You can do this in clusters, like I plan to do, or just dump it all out at once. Your call!
Step 2: Test every pen. If it's not dried up -- or, worse, a goopy, gooey mess -- keep it! Discard all space wasters and all pens without tops. (Topless pens might not be causing any problems now.... but they are just begging for the chance!)

Step 3: Check pencils. Sharpen dull ones. And toss out the useless nubs that you have to cross your eyes and grit your teeth to hold onto! ;)
Step 4: Rinse out and/or wash off holder. I usually turn mine upside down over the trash can and then wipe with a damp paper towel!
Step 5: Replace items! Be sure to store highlighters, pens, markers, Sharpies, etc., with the ink side down, if possible! That way you don't waste time waiting for the ink to get to the tip!



(And, yes, that is me, top photo, with one of my favorite pens: a PEEPS pen!)


Now, THAT's neat!

1 comment:

  1. That's giving me strength to do the same. Thanks for that. I can't wait to follow your blog... and I'll let you go how it goes.
    Mad About Pink from SB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your neat comment!