YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 11 & 12: A few of my favorite cleaning things

I'm not getting paid by anyone to write this, nor do I get free products (which would be SO cool, by the way!); I just wanted to share two of my favorite cleaning products! (And I hope y'all will share some of your favorites, too! I am always looking for new things to try!)


One of my favorite products is the Swiffer Sweeper wet cloths.... we have hardwoods in most of the main rooms of our house and tile in the bathrooms, and this works really well sweeping up the dust bunnies, fur clumps and hair as well as the grass, leaves and gunk that the dogs drag in. It also shines up the floors and smells so great! This package (pictured) happens to be the Febreze "Lavender & Vanilla Comfort" scent, which is fabulous. But I also love anything citrus, and the "Citrus & light" is awesome.... so fresh and clean! As soon as I finish with the Swiffer, the house smells GREAT! Even my husband notices when he gets home. And I think a neat home should smell good, too, so I tend to gravitate toward products that have nice (not overbearing) smells!


I can't live without Lysol disinfecting wipes. They are SO handy -- for just about everything! It's also such a quick fix when you want to clean up in no time at all... since it's a thick paper-towel-kind of thing that has the cleaning product built-in it already! (It's nice to know that I'm killing germs, too.) I use Lysol wipes to clean toilet seats, bathroom sinks, counter tops, the shower door, the microwave, the toaster, the stove, garbage cans, door handles, light switches, remotes, the fridge (as you may have seen in the fridge refurb post).... the list goes on and on! And sometimes I grab a few wipes and clean off the bathroom floors when I see some hairspray build-up or some stray toothpaste. I've even cleaned the washing machine with a wipe or two before! (Contrary to popular belief, though, I do not use Lysol wipes on any living things in the house! While it would be rather convenient to disinfect germy dog paws and grimy hands and faces with a wipe, I have refrained! Ha-ha!)

Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!