YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 28&29: Where the dust bunnies roam

My dining room loves dust. I'm sure of it. Every time I walk through there, I notice dust... and dust bunnies. I think they host a weekly convention there, right under one of the chairs that sits to the side. (I may break down and show you a photo of that one day. But not today. It's embarrassing.)

Of course, there are plenty of things to get dusty in the dining room: the chandelier; the sconces; the glass-top dining table; the candle holders; the decorative mirror; the hordes of dishes, bowls, serving platters, teacups, crystal, vases and other doo-dads that sit idly on the hutch; etc., etc.

And while I obsess about cleanliness, I am NOT one to take down all these items and dust them off, one by one. AGH! I would go insane! I usually just use one of three methods:
  1. dust only the edges and/or the things that you can reach easily without breaking anything;
  2. use a battery-powered duster that spins gently so you can get into those nooks and crannies;
  3. blow really hard.
Just for fun, here is a close-up BEFORE and AFTER picture of a section of the dining room table.

BEFORE DUSTING


AFTER DUSTING


Now, THAT's neat!

1 comment:

Thanks for your neat comment!